Botanical Name – Elettaria cardamomum
We undertake private labelling and contract manufacturing. Bulk Packaging options are available.
Considered as the ‘ Queen of Spices’, Cardamom is very popular in most households in Sri Lanka, a key ingredient to any delicious Sri Lankan meal. It is an expensive spice which is widely used as a food flavouring as well as flavouring beverages such as tea & coffee.
Health Benefits of Cardamom:
- Used internally for indigestion, nausea, vomiting and pulmonary disease with copious phlegm.
- Used with a laxative to prevent stomach pain, griping, as well as flatulence.
- Functions as a laxative and soothes colic, wind, dyspepsia, and nausea. It also works to warm the stomach and helps with heart burn.
- Used to help soothe a sore throat and relieve hoarseness of voice.
- Contains IC3 (indole-3-carbinol) and DIM(dindolylmethane), well-known cancer fighters, helping to specifically ward off hormone-responding cancers like breast cancer, ovarian cancer, and prostate cancer.
- Cardamom seeds are chewed to sweeten the breath and to detoxify caffeine.
- Cardamom oils can be added to baths as a form of aromatherapy that fights depression and reduces stress.
Daily Dose: Stir a few freshly ground pinches of cardamom pods into a shot of Orange Juice, Coffee or your morning fruit salad, or mix it with white or brown rice before you boil it.