Botanical Name – Syzygium aromaticum
We undertake private labelling and contract manufacturing. Bulk Packaging options are available.
Popularly known as a herb, Cloves have been used for thousands of years not only as a spice and condiment but also as a medicine for many ailments. Unlike most other spices, cloves can be grown throughout the entire year.
Cloves are largely used as dried whole buds. Ground clove is used for curry mixtures and clove oil is used for flavoring foods and also in the pharmaceutical and the perfumery industry.
Cloves are used either whole or ground to provide flavor for both sweet and savory foods, in pickling and the production of sauces and ketchups. In medicine it is valued as a carminative, aromatic and stimulant substance. It is being used in the cigarette industry as a flavoring agent. Clove oil is used in perfumes, in dentistry and a clearing agent in microscopy.
Health Benefits of Cloves:
- Contains high amounts of antioxidants, which are ideal for protecting the organs from the effects of free radicals, especially the liver.
- Extracts from cloves imitate insulin in certain ways and help in controlling blood sugar levels.
- The spice contains health benefiting essential oils such as eugenol, which has local anaesthetic and antiseptic properties, hence useful in dental care essentials as well as in treatment procedures.
- Beneficial in preserving bone density and the mineral content of bone, as well as increasing tensile strength of bones in cases of osteoporosis.
- Boosts the immune system by increasing the white blood cell count, thereby improving delayed type hypersensitivity.
- Gives relief from inflammation and pain due to the presence of eugenol, which has the ability to reduce pain by stimulating pain receptors.
- Relieves indigestion and constipation problems through improved gastrointestinal enzyme secretions that increase the gut motility and digestion power.
Daily Dose: Mix into your nightly ice cream treat , sneak into a mustard spread or insert whole cloves into baked hams or oranges, apples or onions to add flavour