Botanical Name – Myristica Fragans
Grades and Qualities Available – With Shell /Without Shell
We undertake private labelling and contract manufacturing. Bulk Packaging options are available.
Being the seed of the tree, nutmeg is used sparingly in dishes and can still impact your health in a variety of ways. It is a delicate, slightly sweet spice that is used in cuisines around the world. The tree is also highly valued because of the essential oils that are derived from the tree and leaves, and nutmeg butter is also a popular derivative food that packs a healthy punch. The essential oils from nutmeg extract are highly beneficial to health, and are frequently used in alternative and herbal medicine.
Health Benefits of Nutmeg:
- Contains a compound similar to menthol, which has natural pain-relieving characteristics. Therefore, it reduces associated pain from wounds, injuries, strains, and chronic inflammation from conditions like arthritis.
- Induces the secretion of various gastric and intestinal juices that ease the digestive process.
- Reduces the frequency and discomfort of constipation and other intestinal issues.
- The active antibacterial components of nutmeg helps to fight conditions like halitosis, also known as bad breath. It kills the bacteria and generally boosts the immunity of your gums and teeth.
- Components of its essential oil such as myristicin and macelignan are proven to reduce the degradation of neural pathways and cognitive function that commonly induces dementia or Alzheimer’s disease.
- Widely recommended as a home remedy for sleeplessness and insomnia.
- Contains a high magnesium content, an essential mineral in the body that reduces nerve tension, and even stimulates the release of serotonin which creates a feeling of relaxation or sedation.
- Facilitates the absorption of nutrients from food, aiding in digestion and efficient and speedy process.
- The iron content helps boost your red blood cell count and reduce your chances of developing symptoms of iron deficiency, also known as anaemia.
Daily Dose : Grate a small amount into applesauce or plain yogurt.